Bachelors of Arts (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation year For UK and EU Students
The BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation year programme covers a variety of subject areas to ensure
graduates have the necessary skills and knowledge to gain employment in a number of business related
sectors or to start up entrepreneurial businesses.
As a business studies student, you will gain a foundation in many aspects of business, before choosing a specialisation. There is a strong emphasis on the practical application of theory, through the use of case studies, problem solving tasks, as well as project and group work. You will develop a broad knowledge of business operations as well as gain targeted skills in your specific field of interest. You will also gain many valuable transferable skills, which will be valued by employers across the business sector or useful if you choose to take an alternative career path.
Teaching and learning is achieved through a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, group discussions, presentations, assignments and report writing. All lectures are conducted at our London campus located at London Bridge. You will receive full guidance and support throughout your course ensuring you achieve the best possible learning experience in preparation for your career.
The Foundation year will give you a more supportive environment, ensuring you get the most from your studies and are well prepared to succeed in the BA (Hons) Business Studies programme.
- Versatility and Mobility: Whether you dream of starting your own business, working
as a professional or pursuing an MBA, a business degree will give you many opportunities. You will
graduate with a diverse set of skills which are transferable to many fields and companies, which
will offer you a wide variety of career choices.
- Critical Thinking: Business students will be given the essential tools for
advanced critical thinking, creating a platform for successful participation in the various elements
of managing a business. This could also include managing a non-profit organisation.
- Employer Recognition: Today’s job market is highly dynamic and extremely
competitive, but business degrees are highly sought after as they offer many valued skills that
increase employability, as well as providing you with appropriate subject knowledge.
- Study in London: Located in a prime position in London, a minute’s walk from the
iconic Shard and London Bridge Station. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, a
melting pot of 270 nationalities conversing in 324 languages. London has plenty of job opportunities
in many different fields, and can represent an excellent springboard for your future career.
- Networking Opportunities: Join our alumni network of over 30,000 students from over 120 different countries. Stay connected with us and with each other, providing opportunities to connect with like-minded professionals, to continue your personal and professional development and build social networks that can help you move ahead in your career.
July, September and January
To be admitted to the BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Programme (4 years) delivered in London, students need to;
- Have 5 passes at GCSE or NARIC confirmed equivalent. No formal proof of English required for UK nationals and qualifying EU applicants as defined by the University of Suffolk.
- All applicants are assessed by LSC’s admission team via interview for listening and speaking and for reading and writing via a Pre-Qualifying Test. Performance at CEFR Level B2 is required for students whose first language is not English. This includes those who are recently naturalised UK nationals. Admission to the course is subject to final approval by the University of Suffolk.
Non Standard Entry
LSC welcomes applications from all those interested in furthering their education. If applicants do not
meet the standard entry requirements but can demonstrate that their life/work skills would make them
suitable for undergraduate study, they will be considered.
The admissions procedure will include a careful scrutiny of their application forms for evidence of:
- Relevant work experience of a substantial nature and duration
- Ability to pass examinations, which will be considered on merit
- An independent business reference
- An assurance that the applicant has a reasonable command of English at CEFR Level B2.
Year 1: Level 3
- Context of Business
- Study Skills for Higher Education
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Business Communication
- Numeracy and Data Analysis
- Integrated Professional Skills in the Digital Age
Year 2: Level 4
- Contemporary Business Environment
- Business Decision Making
- Marketing Management
- Personal and Professional Development
- Organisational Theory and Practice
- Business Law and Ethics
Year 3: Level 5
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting for Business
- Digital Business
- International Business
- Research Methodologies
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development
Year 4: Level 6
- Global Strategic Management
- Building A Sustainable Organisation
- Case Study Analysis
- Contemporary Management Issues
- Dissertation or Business Project