MSc International Hospitality Management*
The MSc International Hospitality Management course, run in association with Cardiff Metropolitan University, is designed to enable students to develop concepts and theories relating to the strategic development of business in this growing field while linking creative thinking with the use of new media and technology.
The course is designed in order to encourage you to develop an evidence-based approach to reflective practice through detailed research and reporting. The hospitality industry, encompassing everything from hotel chains to independently run cafes and food outlets, plays a important role in the global economy.
With so much choice available for both business and recreational activities, successful hospitality providers need to offer a distinctive product. It follows that good hospitality managers have, as well as business acumen, a sense of creativity and innovation as distinctive products can command higher prices in the marketplace.
While customer focus and quality of service are critical aspects of the industry, the increasing use of information and communication technology (for example online booking and the evolution of mobile phone apps) places increasing pressure on managers to be constantly aware of technological changes and adapt their market approach accordingly.
Students who do not have the relevant prior qualifications or experience may be required to undertake an additional semester of study, the Principles Stage, extending the course to 16 months**. The Principles Stage consists of the following modules:
- Accounting and Decision Making Techniques
- Business Environment
- Information Technology and Management Information Systems
Students will be registered with Cardiff Metropolitan University throughout the programme. While the entire course can be completed in London, students also have the option of completing the final semester at other LSC Group campuses in Asia and Europe.
The Master's Degree is awarded by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Application form and references (one academic, one work-based)
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline
- Minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0 with at least 5.5 in all other components or equivalent recognised English language qualification.
- Marketing Management
- Managing Human Capital
- Financial Analysis & Management
- Contextualising International Hospitality Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Strategy in the Global Market Place
- Research Methodologies
- Current Issues in International Tourism and Hospitality
- Dissertation (or)
- Integrated Case Study Analysis (or)
- Business Development Proposal
Full programme specification is available here
University Regulations are available here.
* Modules listed above may vary depending on changes to the syllabus.
Prices are subject to change. Please contact LSC for more details.
London School of Commerce offers country-specific bursaries from time to time. Please contact us to find out whether you are eligible.
(*) LSC would like to inform applicants that recruitment to this programme offered by this university has now ceased.