MSc International Tourism Management
The MSc Programme in International Tourism Management, run in association with Cardiff Metropolitan University, is designed to enable students to develop concepts and theories relating to international tourism management, stimulate critical thinking and the use of multi-disciplinary perspectives to transform management problems into opportunities. The design of the course is such that research forms a key part of the programme in order to encourage students to develop an evidence-based approach to reflective practice.
The tourism industry accounts for 10 percent of jobs worldwide. Its products are very similar to those offered by other industries such as Hospitality, but there are aspects of tourism management unique to its purpose. Developing a distinctive tourism product helps differentiate it from the global competition; exclusive products can command higher prices in the market place. For this reason, our course promotes creativity and innovation in tourism management techniques.
Furthermore, while customer focus and quality of service are critical aspects of the industry, the increasing use of information and communication technology has seen an increased proportion of tourism products bought over the internet. To succeed in global business, tourism organisations and their managers must adapt their operational approach accordingly. This course attempts to address current needs in a changing marketplace.
Students who do not have the relevant prior qualifications or experience may be required to undertake an additional semester of study, the Principles Stage, extending the course to 16 months**. The Principles Stage consists of the following modules:
- Accounting and Decision Making Techniques
- Business Environment
- Information Technology and Management Information Systems
Students will be registered with Cardiff Metropolitan University throughout the programme. While the entire course can be completed in London, students also have the option of completing the final semester at other LSC Group campuses in Asia and Europe.
The Master's Degree is awarded by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Application form and references (one academic, one work-based)
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline
- Minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0 with at least 5.5 in all other components or equivalent recognised English language qualification.
- Contextualizing International Tourism Management
- Marketing Management
- Managing Human Capital
- Financial Analysis & Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Strategy in the Global Market Place
- Research Methodologies
- Current Issues in International Tourism and Hospitality
Full programme specification is available here
* Modules listed above may vary depending on changes to the syllabus.
** Total course fee for the 16 month programme is £7,450.
Prices are subject to change. Please contact LSC for more details.