MSc Information Technology
Rapid advances in technology mean we live in an ever-changing world. By far the most important driving factor in this change is Information Technology.
The London School of Commerce, in association with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers a Masters Programme in Information Technology designed to track technological changes and enable you to develop into a consummate professional in this rapidly evolving field. The programme includes topics that will help develop your understanding of a range of technology related areas with the aim of helping you build your career in the development and application of IT; Key targets include the fields of Communications (Communications and Information Technology) and Management Information Systems.
The programme aims to:
- Provide the skills and knowledge to place you at the forefront of a specific academic or professional discipline
- Enable you to critically analyse received knowledge through independent research
- Provide you with a platform where you can apply creative problem solving skills
- Enable you to become a reflective practitioner: Able to make practical decisions based on an understanding of academic content and processes as well as practical experience
- Encourage you to objectively analyse your personal competencies and opportunities for self-development and build on the learning arising from the programme
- Endow you with the qualities needed for employment in circumstances requiring sound judgment, personal responsibility and initiative, in complex and often unpredictable professional environments
Students who do not have the relevant prior qualifications or experience may be required to undertake an additional semester of study, the Principles Stage, extending the course to 16 months**. The Principles Stage consists of the following modules:
- Mathematics for Computing and Introduction to Programming
- Networking Essentials
- Concepts in Databases
Students will be registered with Cardiff Metropolitan University throughout the programme. While the entire course can be completed in London, students also have the option of completing the final semester at other LSC Group campuses in Asia and Europe.
The Master's Degree is awarded by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Bachelors degree from a recognised university with good grades (should be equivalent to a UK Bachelors (Hons) degree). Professional qualification or relevant work experience in the field of IT is mandatory.
- Should be at least 21 years old
- Minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0 with at least 5.5 in all other components or equivalent recognised English language qualification.
- Programming Methodology
- Relational Database Systems
- Data Communication, Networks & Digital Communication
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Strategic Information Systems
- Project Management and Research Methodology
Full programme specification is available here
* Modules listed above may vary depending on changes to the syllabus.
Prices are subject to change. Please contact LSC for more details.
London School of Commerce offers country-specific bursaries from time to time. Please contact us to find out whether you are eligible.